Please try me.
I wont disappoint.
Being Grain free, I can find myself reminiscing about the yeasty, glutenous, chewy bread you would traditionally dip into herbs and olive oil. Then I quickly remind myself of the back breaking, kneading – hoping and praying over your bread that it will rise – stress that comes with it. When you can whip up homemade bread in 10 minutes – you aren’t missing out on anything! This bread is so quick and fool proof. You must try it.
- It actually holds together.
- It doesn’t taste like cardboard.
- It toast beautifully.
- It wont crumble.
- It has given me back the experience of a peanut butter sandwich.
- Can we say grilled cheese please?
This bread can stand alone.
Just look at it. One would think you spent hours putting this together – and you can let them think that. This bread is low glycemic, sugar free, yeast free, grain free, dairy free – with only 1.5 g of net carbs per serving.
Coconut flour is very high in fiber, giving you 5 grams of fiber per slice. The fiber in coconut is non digestible (insoluble), meaning the body cannot digest it, so it will pass through the body without absorbing the calories and without effecting the blood sugar. Coconut supports digestion, and promotes the absorption of other essential vitamins and minerals. Studies show it supports improved endurance during athletic performance and can also promote proper thyroid function. Coconut is wonderful for your immune system, boots your metabolic rate, and improves your secretion of insulin – how your blood glucose is utilized – reducing symptoms of hypoglycemia.
This bread is perfect for those
- Looking to recover from or manage diabetes
- Following a ketogenic diet
- Living a paleo/primal lifestyle
- Looking to incorporate more whole foods into your diet
- Facing your most common food allergies/sensitivities
Let’s get started. You will need:
- 1 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Golden Flax seeds – ground. (I use my coffee grinder)
- 10 eggs
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil (softened)
- 2 cups warm Water
- Herbs or spices – I like to switch mine up, but in this particular pictured loaf I used 1 TBSP Ceylon Cinnamon. Totally elevates that PB sand which. However, if you’re looking to go savory, Anise, Caraway, Fennel or Rosemary work wonders. Whatever your family prefers – get creative!
- Pre-heat your oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl whisk your eggs, and add the rest of your liquid ingredients – being mindful not to scramble your eggs. Slowly add the warm water, to temper the eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients.
- Once the oven is pre-heated, add your wet ingredients to your dry and quickly mix, incorporating completely.
- Pour the batter into your pan, smooth out, and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a deep golden on top.
- Separate it from the sides of your loaf pan and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack. And for the love of all childhood memories, go and make yourself a toasted peanut – butter – and – jelly – sandwich.
Thank you for reading. Please comment bellow with any questions or interest in other recipes that would help you and your family enjoy a little more of life, through food.